Ron Liepert has a strong resume of experience both in the public and private sector.
- Press Secretary to Alberta Premier Peter Lougheed 1980-1985
- By the Premier’s side during the Constitutional Accord negotiations, and during negotiations of the National Energy Program created by PM Trudeau in the 1980s
- Part of the merger team that formed TELUS Communications in the 1990s
- MLA for Calgary-West 2004-2012, served as Minister of Health, Education, Energy, and Finance
- MP for Calgary Signal Hill since 2015, serving on the Standing Committee for Finance, Justice, and Transportation.
As your representative in Ottawa, Ron has worked hard to make sure that the voices of his constituents have been heard in the House of Commons.
Here are a few quick statistics since 2015:
- 2 major consultations on sensitive social issues put forward by the government
- 135 speeches in the House
- 1254 interventions at committee
- 906 votes taken in the House
- 5112 pieces of constituent correspondence responded to
- 903 actively facilitated cases where constituents needed support to deal with a government agency